Elaboration of Plans for Reinforcement of the Dinaric-SE Alpine Population and for Creation of a New “Stepping Stone” Population
The goals of this action are three-fold: to properly plan the reinforcement effort, to work closely with hunting communities to establish core release sites, and to establish a stepping stone habitat for lynx. These activities will help ensure long-term population persistence and will increase the outlook for demographic connectivity of the Dinaric and Alpine populations. This action includes an elaboration of guidelines for lynx reinforcement, preparation of a population level reinforcement plan, and a regional reinforcement plan.
- Regional Reinforcement Plan – Slovenian Alps (SLO, pdf)
- Regional Reinforcement Plan – Croatia (CRO, pdf)
- Regional Reinforcement Plan -Slovenian Dinarids (SLO, pdf)
- Population Level Reinforcement Plan ( EN, pdf)
- Lessons Learned from Past Reintroduction and Translocation Efforts with an Emphasis on Carnivores (EN, pdf)