Assessment of Public Attitudes Toward Lynx and Lynx Conservation
Public awareness campaigns are often used as tools to improve human attitudes toward wildlife and wildlife management. One of the expected results of this project is to maintain or improve public support for lynx conservation. Evaluation of the efficacy of a public awareness campaign requires detailed prior assessment of public attitudes and knowledge. An attitude survey carried out ten years ago within the frame of INTERREG IIIA project DinaRis revealed that a majority of public in Slovenia and Croatia supported reinforcement of the lynx population. In the framework of this action, a baseline public attitude and knowledge survey will be carried out. Results of this will inform preparation and targeting of the public awareness campaign. The action will serve as an indirect public participation tool, thus informing all actions in which conservation planning and implementation is being conducted.
- Assessment of public attitudes toward lynx and lynx conservation in Slovenia, Croatia and Italy – Final report (EN, pdf)
- National report Italy: Linci e loro reintroduzione: l’opinione della popolazione (IT, pdf)
- National report Slovenia: Odnos slovenske javnosti in interesnih skupin do risa in upravljanja z njim, 2020 (SLO, pdf)
- National report Croatia: Izvješće o provedenom ispitivanju stavova javnosti o risu i očuvanju risa u 2019. godini u sklopu LIFE Lynx projekta (CRO, pdf)
- Popular article: Raziskava pokazala, da je slovenska javnost naklonjena reševanju populacije risa (SLO, pdf)
- Popular article: Izvješće o provedenom ispitivanju stavova javnosti o risu i očuvanju risa u 2019. godini (CRO,pdf)