The lynx that was trapped in Romania for the reinforcement process in Croatia is still in its quarantine, calmly waiting for the day when he will be released back in the wild. Everything is going as planned and we are impatiently expecting for that day to happen.
While waiting for the arrival of the lynx, we took the opportunity to involve the public and give the lynx a name that would bring him luck in the new home. Different local stakeholders in Gorski kotar produced five suggestions that are now given to the outer public for voting via social media. Each one of the five suggestions has it’s own story and explanation of how it was suggested.
Here, we are bringing you the list with the names and explanations:
– count (engl.); the name was suggested by hunters and general public on the project results presentation in Crni lug, Gorski kotar
– coachman (engl.); the name was suggested by hunters and general public in Gorski kotar. “Furman” is a local name for a coachman with a lively temperament.
– the name was suggested by pupils of the 5th and 6th grade from the Elementary school in Vrbovsko, Gorski kotar
– the name was suggested by pupils of the 7th and 8th grade from the Elementary school in Vrbovsko, Gorski kotar
– the name was suggested by the Public institution “Priroda” Primorsko-goranska County and National Park “Risnjak”. Name Doru (from dor) derived from Romanian is meaning “longing”. If derrived from Tudor it means ”leader”, if derived from Theodoros (greek) means ”gift from God”.
You can leave your vote here.
Voting ends on Friday, 5.4.2019.